Thursday, January 29, 2009

Daily Photo 1-29-2009 "Not quite awake....."



When I came up with the idea for this image I was thinking about being half asleep on the couch watching TV and glancing up at the clock to realize it was WAY too late to be up. The finished product is actually more like waking up on the couch after having about 17 beers. Yes I am speaking from experience....

Although it didn't work out as well as I would have liked, this is an example of zoom blur. You set your camera up for a relatively long exposure (nearly a second), focus on the focal point of your subject and zoom the lens as you hit the shutter. I would have liked the hands to be just a bit clearer but the only way do that was to use a flash to freeze the action and I didn't have anything to soften the light. Without an umbrella or softbox the glare was just too much.

I am going to work on this technique a bit more over the coming days in the studio where I have the proper equipment. The effect should be much clearer......

No comments: