Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Bulb Exposure at the Union City Lake

















The idea was to photograph the fountain at the Union city lake at night using only the spotlights next to it for illumination. After taking several shots I realized that the fountain as the singular subject was boring. It had no context... Although this is definitely not a photo I would enter in a contest or post on Flickr, it does show how pulling back a bit can make a subject more interesting. For instance, you find out it is not a stand alone fountain, the location is a park and the water is very still on the lake. I also decided that I should do a longer exposure to show more detail in the surroundings. To get a better idea of what I am talking about please click on the image to view the larger size.

No comments: