Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Perspective


javi0235_n, originally uploaded by dehmystic.

Sometimes great perspective just happens. This shot was taken at the Javier Mendoza Christmas show. Arriving early at The Chapel and being first in line to enter the venue, I made my way to the only open spot near the stage where my wheelchair would fit and took a good look around. There was no way I would be able to move around and change my perspective during the show due to the seating layout. By the time I got my camera out to take some test shots the place was standing room only. Once the show started and the stage lights kicked on I realized just how unique my perspective was. Being at the extreme right, the stage being only two feet tall and my chair sitting taller than the other seating, my shots gave the impression that I was ON the stage. It turned out that not only did I have a great perspective from which to shoot, but this venue had the best stage lighting I have seen in the St. Louis area. (for a small venue). I was able to use all the lenses in my bag and still shoot at ISO800 with good shutter speed. On the music side of things the sound was incredible and Javier put on a fantastic show.

No comments: