Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Photos for Javier Mendoza's new CD "YOU"


javi-promo0047
Originally uploaded by dehmystic

I met Javier in front of the Art Museum in Forest Park for this shoot. The goal was to get some new images for use inside the CD cover of his newest studio CD. He told me he was looking for some fairly tight head shots from multiple angles that would show "honesty"..... He also wanted the shots taken outside with a stone background to give them a more Spanish feel.

Due to scheduling conflicts the only time he had available was 6:30 PM. Knowing that the light would fade fast, I packed a light stand strobe and shoot through umbrella just in case.

By the time I got everything set up the sun was already going behind the trees so we scrambled to get done.... I am glad I took the strobe and stand but I was finding myself wishing I had two or three more. It got too dark by about 7:30 to get the kind of shots he was looking for so we packed it in.

In my opinion we got a few keepers but I wish we would have had more time and more light......

No comments: