Thursday, September 10, 2009

Studio Lighting Test


studio0131_NI
Originally uploaded by dehmystic

This is a test shot taken in the corner of my basement studio. My photog friend Kurtis was kind enough to be the model. The objective was to do some lighting and posing experiments for a future promo shoot for a local musician. This shot was a two light setup. The main light was a 24x24 softbox and the background light was connected to a set of barn doors along with a short grid. Fill light came from a gold reflector (right). The background light was set nearly against the back wall to help bring out some of the texture and to help balance the image. I am hoping to use this technique against a more interesting wall. I am not sure about the exact pose just yet but I do like the way his foot leads you into the rest of the image.

No comments: