Sunday, January 11, 2009

Additions to My Studio!
























I made several additions to my studio this afternoon! I covered the shooting area with a medium gray carpet to help soak up some of the bounce light from the concrete floor. Added an Interfit EX150 MkII dual monolight kit(more on this later). Brought in a small monitor to display images as I take them so the subject can better participate in the shoot. The final addition was a set of posing stools ranging from 1' to 4' tall. Things are coming along nicely. The next thing I will be adding is a three roller manual backdrop system.

This image was taken using a head level softbox key light at 45 degrees right, an umbrella high at 45 degrees left and my Sunpak 333 behind a GOBO at background left. I also put a gold reflector at an angle under the softbox to help fill downward shadows. I wish I would have taken the time to increase the power on the left fill head and moved it in closer to light her hair better. I am really loving the extra power that these Interfit 15o watt second heads provide and I don't know how I managed not having modeling lights for aiming and composing.

No comments: